I am currently working on a layout for use the ABNT style with LyX (ABNT
stands for "Brazilian National Standards Organization").

To achieve this, I have three things to handle:
1. The document style (*.sty)
2. The bibliography style (*.bst)
3. The citation style (*.sty)

The first and second topics are easy, I can create a *.layout to handle my
*.sty file and LyX can directly use my *.bst file to generate the
bibliography.

The problem resides with the citation style because currently LyX only
supports natbib and jurabib.
I think it would be great if we allow the creation of other citation styles.
This way, when we add a citation LyX will know how to properly display them.

BTW, the citation style handler appear to be very hardcoded on LyX, which is
also far from ideal.

Regards,
---
Diego Queiroz