Il 02/05/2011 18:49, Richard Heck ha scritto:
I have a book consisting of several documents. They have a default
master set. When I use Adv F&R to do any kind of replacemean, I get a
dialog with the message:
     /home/rgheck/FregesTheorem.lyx does not exist. Do you want to create
a new document?
That's the right master, but in the wrong directory: The files are
actually three subdirectories down.

I can't seem to reproduce with a simple test case, though. Why might
this happen?

I guess you're trying to use the Settings->"Master Document" scope.

In such a case, in FindAndReplace.cpp the buffers are iterated via:

static bool nextDocumentBuffer(Buffer * & buf)
{
    ListOfBuffers const children = buf->allRelatives();
    [...]
    buf = *it;
}

Later (same file), the buffer is actually switched via:

        if (buf != &view_.documentBufferView()->buffer())
            lyx::dispatch(FuncRequest(LFUN_BUFFER_SWITCH,
                          buf->absFileName()));

My guess is that either the allRelatives() call above, or the BUFFER_SWITCH dispatch here, are actually trying to create a new file instead of opening the correct one, due to some pathname problem (again, let me guess: the folder from where you launched LyX is not the same as the one where the lyx document with a relative path resides ?).

    T.