On 03.05.2011 11:54, Pavel Sanda wrote:
Dear all,

as announced from the very beginning my position applied for 2.0 only.
I've put lot of my energy into 2.0 and need to take a rest for some time.

The discussion about the next release manager was planned for later (even on
some
development meeting), however the current discussion about the development
model is intimately connected with the question who is going / able to do it.
We can't move further since it's none of my business to decide 2.1 things.

So at this stage I propose Vincent van Ravesteijn as a new relase manager.
(Vincent tentatively accepted taking this responsibility.)

He appeared independently on the top of the list of possible candidates of me
and current/previous managers. So it's no surprise we proposed him as the new
trunk steersman driving our ship from the apocalypse, once we start committing
our pet features and refactorizations, into safe waters of a release candidate
:)

For the rest of things on my plate - I will announce the new release in one or
two days and if there is still some need about specific message about the new
numbering scheme (my hope is that we continue in current mode though) please
let me know.

Hoping for the best for LyX 2.0.x/2.1.0 and good luck Vincent!
Pavel

Many thanks Pavel for the super stable 2.0 release!

And it seems Vincent couldn't wait for his run ;)

Peter