Am 04.05.2011 00:50, schrieb Vincent van Ravesteijn:

As a typical start of a new release cycle I want to poll
- what features are a must in the next release;

In my opinion

- Further work on tex2lyx and/or a new fileformat. Currently collaboration with persons using plain TeX is still a pain.

- the text style dialog should act globally. Currently, it does not apply changes for math (http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/4629). In my experience this is very confusing for users.

- it is still not possible to e.g. transform a figure float to a wrap figure float and vice versa. All float types should be transformable. I remember that JMarc planned once to implement this. Making a flot a wrapped one is often needed. Being forced to create a new float and copy the content is user-unfriendly.

- what work do you think you will be doing;

Reviewing the docs and bugfixing.
For LyX 2.0 I implemented everything I needed to write my thesis, so that my personal new-feature ToDo list is almost empty, except of thing like these:
- support for \middle delimiters in the delimiter dialog
(http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/1632)
- mathed support for \oldstylenums (http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/2557)
- mathed support for \sideset (http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/1424)

- what do you hope to see somebody else to do (please keep it realistic) ?

- We should implement the color handling scheme you proposed in
http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/6626.

- The problem of list indentations (http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/4564) affects many users, therefore the work of http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/3452 should be finished.

- support to set an option for line breaks in math (http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/1505). Because LyX is lacking this, there are cases where whole equations have to be written in TeX-code or the user has to use nasty tricks. (See the two examples in the Math manual where bug 1505 is referred.) I encountered this problematic a lot when writing scientific texts. However I still don't have a good idea how to implement this.

regards Uwe