On 04/05/2011 16:16, Vincent van Ravesteijn wrote:

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 2:13 PM, Pavel Sanda <sa...@lyx.org <mailto:sa...@lyx.org>> wrote:

    Andre Poenitz wrote:
    > Close to the current svn model, but allow people to use branches for
    > non-trivial feature sets if they like?

    +1

Then we can just as well stay with svn. I don't want the branching model because you can use branches, but because it's a different way of thinking. If we allow developers to commit right into the main repo, it doesn't make much sense to change anything.

Coudn't we set a dedicated "svn-alike" branch for those people? And for small changes like typos for example? We would have:

* master: only you would have push rights
* svn-alike: all developers would have push rights
* experimental: automatic merge of feature branches

"svn-alike" would be merged periodically to master by you. Hopefully, this branch will get less and less used as people get the different way of thinking.

Abdel