On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, John Levon wrote:

> p.s. is there any chance POTFILES.in can get cvs removed ? It is very
> galling having to delete it each time from the diff

Then don't delete it.

It is possible to build POTFILES.in from autogen.sh (if we copy it back in
there from po/Makefile.in.in (note: I said copy not move)) from a clean
cvs checkout and then keep it up to date with the new additions to
po/Makefile.in.in. I don't think we need it in CVS anymore if that change
is made since when someone does a `make dist` they'll get an updated
POTFILES.in anyway.  Unless someone can think of a reason why we need it
in CVS I think we can now remove (once I copy the POTFILES.in generation
code back into autogen.sh -- I'll do some testing in my tree).

The thing I find strange is why the sorted order of the files in
POTFILES.in changes depending on who is sending a patch.  What system are
you running?  Are you on an Alpha like Angus? (whose patches also seem to
change the sorted order)

Seems some systems implementation of sort respond slightly differently to
the -f and -d flags.

Allan.  (ARRae)