In this mail I collect all topics that are under development in
the current trunk.

Some of the topics that are obvious and/or truly cosmetic will merge
into 'trunk-stable' soon. The other topics will be tested in the
'development' branch for a while. Comments indicating that a topic
has been tested or has been reviewed will speed up its promotion
into trunk-stable.

Below the topics that are current in 'development' you'll find some
of the new experimental topics. When these are finished, they will
get merged in 'development'.

Below the topics there sometimes are some extra comments about
the current status of a topic.

New topics in 'development':
============================

* baum/babel-knows-proofname
  - baum: babel knows \proofname already (bug #7513)

* baum/copy-math-labels
  - baum: Fix bug #7511 by moving the old label instead of creating a new one.

* baum/correct-display-utilde
  - baum: Forgot this (why did this file not show up in svn diff?)
  - baum: Partial fox for bug #6622: Display \undertilde on screen correctly.
  - baum: Partial fox for bug #6622: Display \utilde on screen correctly.

  Will be squashed into two commits. According to the bug report, there is still
  some work needed to automatically load the 'undertilde' or 'accents' package.

* baum/inputencoding-tex2lyx
  - baum: Small improvement for bug #7509 as suggested by JMarc

* baum/more-robust-string-extraction
  - baum: Exclude generated files from .po string extraction. Now it is no
longer needed to use a t
  - baum: Make .po string extraction more robust: - Do not parse case
insensitive tags case sensiti

* baum/remove-dead-code
  - baum: remove dead code

  Will merge into 'trunk-stable' soon.

* forenr/TEXINPUTS-prefix
  - forenr: Remove NOOP code
  - forenr: Fix bug #7553 (Crash on latex import, also on html import)
  - forenr: Add tooltips
  - forenr: Introduce the possibility of setting a prefix for the TEXINPUTS
environment variable. T
  # conflicts: forenr/dont-wait-30mins-linux.

* forenr/assure-math-mode
  - forenr: Some math font changing commands only work in math mode, so let's
assure to switch to m

* forenr/dont-wait-30mins-linux
  - forenr: See r37176. Let's keep this a Windows only "feature". Something
went wrong with a scrip

* forenr/lyxrc-cleanup
  - forenr: Fix bug #7557 (TeX engine cannot be switched on Windows)
  - forenr: actOnUpdatedPrefs: In order to act on updated preferences, actually
do as done in LyXRC
  - forenr: For consistency, use lyxrc_new (which is a reference to lyxrc).
  - forenr: Make actOnUpdatedPrefs() actually act on updated preferences.
Always wondered why I had
  - forenr: Remove NOOP code

* forenr/miktex-kpsewhich
  - forenr: MikTeX's kpsewhich doesn't mention "kpathsea emulation" anymore. On
Cygwin, the most re

* forenr/preview-image-size
  - forenr: Don't write a comma if not needed.
  - forenr: There's no reason to leave in place the 10pt option, as it may not
be the default optio
  - forenr: Fix bug #2200 (The size of previewed images should be independent
of the latex font siz

* forenr/tex-engine-detection
  - forenr: Warn user about the TeX engine detection.

* kornel/cmake
  - kuemmel: cmake: fix option listing
  - kuemmel: cmake: build a .dmg file on Mac,  looks not as nice as the
official installer but it r
  - kuemmel: cmake: update todo
  - kuemmel: cmake: update todo
  - kuemmel: cmake: add TODO list
  - kuemmel: cmake: move intl config file into source
  - kuemmel: cmake: remove mac warnings when building intl
  - kuemmel: cmake: more logs for intl support
  - kuemmel: cmake: more logs for intl support
  - kuemmel: cmake: sorry for the noise, seems may source dir was not clean
  - kuemmel: cmake: cleanup, merge two patches
  - kuemmel: cmake on mac: also build with LYX_NLS=0
  - kuemmel: cmake: LIBINTL_LIBRARIES could be empty
  - kuemmel: cmake on mac: precompiled libintl comes from ports, then also use
iconv from ports, th
  - kuemmel: cmake on mac: build with internal libintl, cleanup
  - kuemmel: cmake on mac: build with external libintl, find gettext, build
merged
  - kornel: Added missing cmakedefines to intl
  - kuemmel: cmake: we already test on gettext
  - kuemmel: cmake: -Dhelp=1 lists all options
  - kornel: In colaboration with Stephan Witt, adapted to our libintl to MAC
  - kuemmel: cmake: improve readability
  - kuemmel: cmake: better developer defaults enable NLS, build debug
  - kuemmel: cmake: enable in-source CMakeLists.txt files
  - kuemmel: cmake: move CMakeLists.txt into source dir (multiple steps)
  - kuemmel: cmake: small msvc fix
  - kornel: Moved development/cmake/CMakeLists.txt into top level
  - kornel: While using internal libintl, make sure it is uptodate before
linking lyx
  - kornel: Update INSTALL.cmake
  - kornel: Make installed python scripts executable (as in autotools)
  - kuemmel: fix win32 linker errors
  - kuemmel: cmake: CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR has changed
  - kuemmel: cmake: update readmes, we have now a top level cmake file
  - kuemmel: cmake: remove obsolete comment
  - kuemmel: cmake: remove 2.8 warning
  - kornel: New cmake build from top source dir
  - kornel: Changed cmake-files for compilation of libintl.

  It would be nice if Kornel or Peter could rewrite this history in logical
steps
  and split it up in the different topics.

  The mass movement of the CMakeFiles is of course merge-conflict prone, so I
guess
  I will move that into 'trunk-stable' if no compile errors are reported.

* kornel/libintl-compilation
  - kornel: Corrected internal compilation for Libintl Patch from Jean-Marc
Lasgouttes

* kuemmel/run-in-place
  - kuemmel: improve function name
  - kuemmel: run in-place: don't speculate where the lyx binary is, search for
it at the common pla
  # conflicts: kornel/libint-compilation

* leuven/decimal-align-latex-fix
  - leuven: ensure that latex output for decimally aligned columns does NOT
depend on cached metric

* rgheck/check-for-multirow
  - rgheck: Fix bug #7547. We need to check whether we are in a multirow here.
Otherwise, we were a

* rgheck/dissolving-label-renames
  - rgheck: Fix for bug #7319. This is an attempt to fix the bug cheaply.

* rgheck/fix-master-buffer-counters
  - rgheck: Fix bug #7531, also reported by Jim Oldfield. Need to use master
buffer's counters.

* rgheck/force-buffer-update-fix
  - rgheck: We need to do the update here simply because of the inset deletion.
It must have been w

* rgheck/lyx2lyx-for-21
  - uwestoehr: lyx_2_1.py: add missing SVN EOL entry and SCons entry
  - jrioux: Add lyx_2_1.py to the distribution; it was added in r38570.
Probably needs to be added
  - rgheck: Fix thinko in lyx2lyx.
  - rgheck: New lyx2lyx file for 2.0 --> 2.1 conversions.

  Will get squashed into a single commit and be merge into trunk-stable.

* rgheck/recalculate-citation-labels
  - rgheck: Fix bug #7499. The problem here is that there was no way for the
inset to know that the

  Is this related to the bibitem label mess ?

* rgheck/refactor-updatedefaultformat
  - rgheck: The point of the previous commit: We just need the params here, not
the whole buffer.
  - rgheck: Move a bunch of code from Buffer to BufferParams. The point of this
is contained in the

  Seems ok.

* rgheck/revert-insetbibitem
  - rgheck: Fix bugs #7110 and #7160 by reverting r36521.

* rgheck/update-local-layouts
  - rgheck: Fix bug #7500: There is presently no way in the GUI to update local
layout to the curre

* rgheck/update-macros-fix
  - rgheck: Initial work to fix bug involving embedded macros and XHTML output.
  - rgheck: Start the clean up of the updateMacros() calls by moving the
necessary calls into the f
  - rgheck: Fix bug #7525: We need to make sure we have an up to date list of
macros before we try

  This is probably only the beginning of the large updateMacros/updateBuffer
cleanup.

* rgheck/updatebuffer-crash-fix
  - rgheck: Fix crash reported by John Kennan.

* rgheck/view-xhtml-source-paragraph
  - rgheck: Fix bug #7463: XHTML View>Source now shows only the paragraph with
the cursor. Fix is f

* rgheck/xhtml-fractions
  - rgheck: Make sure we do not crash here in release mode.
  - rgheck: Fix XHTML output for fractions and fix a crash reported on the list
by Jan Paul Imhoff.

* rgheck/xhtml-multirow
  - rgheck: Fix multirow output for XHTML.

* sanda/debug-info-hunspell
  - sanda: Give more info whats actually going on in hunspell.

* sanda/typo-guitoolbar
  - sanda: typo, closing #7427
  - sanda: Typo

  Just typos, will merge into trunk-stable soon.

* switt/compile-compute-size
  - switt: let the compiler do the maths to compute array size

* switt/readme-files-macosx
  - switt: last revised version
  - switt: add the source for the readme files to place in the disk image of
2.0 release

* tommaso/language-set-findreplace
  - tommaso: Still addressing #6560: instead of cloning the BufferParams, which
might cause a numbe

* tommaso/plaintext-multicell
  - tommaso: Fixing positioning of cells in multi-row align environments.
  - tommaso: Fix #7549, due to a problem in exporting to plaintext a multicell
inset, where we now

* younes/squeeze-warning
  - younes: gcc 4.5 warning fix.

New topics in 'experimental':

* venom00/preference-filtering
  - Vincent van Ravesteijn: Add a search bar to the preference dialog.

* younes/toolbar-settings
  - Your Name Comes Here: New toolbar-settings branch featuring a new dialog
for Toolbars settings.