Hi,

I am currently learning C++ from Accelerated C++. I know enough to
understand what most chunks of code do. However, I am lost when trying to
navigate through the lyx source code. It seems that grep is my only friend.
I have read the Developing FAQ as well as many pages on the Wiki for
developers.

I would love to see more pages like this, for example:
http://wiki.lyx.org/Devel/NotesOnDispatchMechanism
It walks you through a couple of main ideas and describes the main functions
and
 a few rules on what to do and what not to do.

Are there any other such pages? Have there been any attempts at writing a
"guide
 to the LyX source code" which explains the main files and their connection
with
 one another?

Thank you,

Xu