On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 08:43:36PM +0200, Andre Poenitz wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 12:29:00AM +0200, Enrico Forestieri wrote:
> >
> > I don't have an account (and don't want to have one), so I cannot report
> > the bug. Maybe someone with an account could do that.
>
> I guess I could do that.

It seems Richard already did it.

[...]
> Ok, that would certainly be detailed enough for a bug report.
>
> The path with environment ends up in execve(), the other one in
> execvp(). execve() requires a shebang line or a binary, execvp()
> is more forgiving. I admit that this is ... underdocumented.
>
> The visible difference here seems to be triggered by the "missing"
> "shebang line" in the script. Is that intentional?

All of this originated from the fact that epstopdf (from the texlive
ditro) failed to execute, and texlive contains a lot of scripts like
that. So, in texlive they intentionally use such kind of scripts.

Rather than documenting it, I think it is better fixing it. I mean,
when execve() returns ENOEXEC, Qt should do as execvp() does, i.e.,
feeding the file to the shell.

--
Enrico