Helge Hafting wrote:
> In this particular case, it looks like no extra GUI is needed at all,
> only programming. The GUI is present already:
>
> Currently, the running header paragraph types becomes available when the
> user selects the module. All we need then, is to remove the module
> from the module list, and tie it to  "headings style == fancy" instead.

IMHO, the header definition should not be done with paragraph styles (as the
module does), but rather in the document dialog. Many people want automatic
headers (running headers), not some hardcoded strings. I do not think this can
be achieved elegantly with the paragraph style based approach. Furthermore, we
should provide some customization possibilites. Also something we need the
dialog for.
Then, we should consider class specific issues (classes such as KOMA and
memoir ship their own header interfaces that should be used instead of
fancyhdr).

> For other cases, it seems that LyX is moving tovards modules so powerful
> that a lot of things might not need any other GUI.

I really hope you're wrong.

Jürgen