Am 16.10.2011 17:41, schrieb Vincent van Ravesteijn:

- remerging the po-files
- compiling the po-files

Did you even check what is possible with CMake nowadays ?

Yes, but still cannot remerge the po-files. I also find something about it in
our readmes.

- the steps in section 5 of INSTALL.Win32 have to repeated again and again. I
need to compile
branch and trunk very often, but when I the last time compiled branch and now
want to compile trunk
I have to set the compiler flags and paths again - which is very annoying.

This is non-sense.

Why is everything I say non-sense? I already know that I'm not a real developer as I never learned programming and are not very talented in programming. But only because I am not able to manage something it is not automatically non-sense. Better help me instead of offending me whenever it is possible.

The main advantage if SCons is for me that I only have to execute the command
"build_msvc" in the
folder of branch or trunk and get it compiled. The compilation of trunk and
branch is even
possible parallel. With CMake I first have to set the compiler flags in the
CMake Gui and then
need MSVC to compile.

Non-sense.

Then please tell me how it is done right. It does not work here.

MSVC is very slow and requires an account at its webpage, otherwise you cannot
use it after 30 days.

Non-sense.

Do you know other words too?
I'm not lying. After installing MSVC I was asked to create an account. I opted for later and was informed that this is a 30 day test version. Finally, after 30 days, MSVC was unusable and so I was forced to create an account.
This was the same also with MSVC 2008.

So when I just want to compile LyX, nothing else, the SCons process is all in
all much faster.

I don't believe this.

Then check it out. The compilation time is the same for both, but as I save the CMake settings, it is faster.

For the installer I have the time and want to use CMake, but:

- I can't get LyX to compile so that starting the lyx.exe doesn't start with a
console window. Can
anybody please give me a step by step recipe to set the correct compiler flags
and update the
description in INSTALL.Win32?

I already told you what to do some time ago. Did you already try ?

I must have missed your mail. Can you please point me to it?

I propose that we don't need any longer take care about SCons when
adding/removing files but it is
kept in SVN for the ones who want to use it.

I want to get rid of it.

Why does it harm you if it is still in SVN?

regards Uwe