I build a new lyx and start it with src/lyx. Then I go to the preferences menu
and change something
small (e.g. adding an option for dvips). Then I click on save and the appearance
of the document on
the screen changes: All the fonts look smaller, the title is the same size as
standard text. All in all it's different than
before, but I never wanted that! Did I do something wrong?
Now when I close lyx and start it again I get some messages in the terminal
window I didn't have before:
Lyx: Unknown tag '12' [around line 24 of file ~/.lyx/preferences]
Lyx: Unknown tag '00' [around line 24 of file ~/.lyx/preferences]
.... (8 more of those) ...
What's that?

Rainer