On 10/30/2011 08:32 AM, Vincent van Ravesteijn wrote:
We are trying to generalise the Insets a bit, so that we don't need a
special class of Insets for all latex commands there are out there. So,
like Abdel said, if this can be done via an InsetFlex it would be
preferable. But if you want a nice dialog to be able to select the
language, or you want to customise a lot of other properties of the
Inset, you will find that not all of that is supported yet.

A way to go would be allowing Flex insets to call some of the dialogs, I can imagine a few examples: - I made an autoref flex inset, say in a module, but I still need to manually add the reference label as its contents. If I were allowed to call the dialog for choosing cross-references from the inset properties I'd profit a lot. - I want to change the language of a flex inset. If I were allowed to do that by calling a dialog (some advanced, that Abdel just proposed), I would not have to hard-code the new inset.
- similar flexibility with text styles, bibliographic references, etc.

How hard would it be for the .layout infrastructure to support this?