Allan Rae <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Angus Leeming wrote:
|
| > Thanks, Lars. All understood. I'll wait on you giving me "write" status and
| > will then create this branch.
| >
| > Many thanks for the help.
| > Angus
|
| If you can then you should get hold of the Dr.Dobbs article Lars was
| working from.  In your case you already have modified local files so I
| don't know that you need the rtag step I think it's a matter of one or the
| other should be used but not both.  Maybe I don't understand this myself.
|
| I have the article but am still saving up all my spare minutes so I can
| have an hour or so to read it ;-)

I also thing we should to something similar to what GCC does. They
have several levels of cvs access, and this is policy driven not
enforced by software:

- Globale write access
- globale write access after given go ahead
- local write access
- local write access after given go ahead

The ones with Global write access and local write access are not
required to post the patch before committing.

The one that need an "ok to commit" must post their patches and get a
affirmative from some with the higher "level" of access.

global,local will be software enforced.

        Lgb