On Dec 9, 2011, at 8:03 AM, rgheck wrote:

> I've been thinking a fair bit about this and about the "split by chapter"
> issue. I'm pretty sure now that what I'll need to do for labels, etc, to get
> cross-file links working, is about the same as what I'd need to do for
> footnotes to get them to print at the end of each chapter. So you can
> probably go back to using the TOC for now.
>
> The downside to this is that it will give us a bit less flexibility than
> collecting them as we go, but that is starting to look messy.

I've got  a tentative patch that allows me to do this, which is attached. I
decided to use the exportdata class to collect the notes. It needs some love
and attention, but it's working correctly. I'm in the process of testing
endnote collection in files with multiple chapters. My first test file ran
through without problems.

Any comments appreciated. Especially if he causes problems with what you're
planning.

Cheers,

Rob

PS, sorry for the deluge of emails. I found myself confused, which means I was
overlooking a relatively obvious solution.