On 02/01/2012 17:00, Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
On 02/01/2012 16:53, Tommaso Cucinotta wrote:
I'll have a look, thanks. Another immediate question is whether there's any portable serialization framework already at reach for LyX (i.e., in terms of dependencies -- e.g., I could identify boost::serialize::archive & related). That may be useful to serialize FuncRequest objects, as well as other types of messages that may be worth to be transmitted through the socket(s).

IIRC, quite some time ago, Lars wanted to use this boost serialiser, try to look in the archives for "serialize any", or something.

But, instead of that, I would use Json format for the LFUN serialisation/deserialisation and the packet transmission. We can use libjson (quite good and simple solution) or QJSon if we want more Qt integration. Another option would be to convert the LFUNs to Google protobuf (http://code.google.com/p/protobuf/). We really need to formalize the LFUN format anyway because it is a real mess.

Abdel.