אור כדראוי <or.kadrawi <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I don't know why, but when i try to click on tools->perfences alert window
apears and write in it "unable to find the bind file".

Raw guess: somewhere (not sure where) you preferences were changed to point to a
nonexisting bind file (the bind file maps key combinations to commands), or
alternatively the preferences are correct and the bind file was somehow deleted.

What I would suggest is to (1) make sure that the cua.bind file (I think is the
installation default) is present (in /usr/share/lyx/bind on Linux, typically
C:\Program Files\<something like LyX>\bind on Windows), and then with LyX not
running (2) delete your home directory (usually ~/.lyx on Linux, maybe
C:\Documents and Settings\<you>\lyx20 on Win XP, maybe
C:\Users\<you>\AppData\Roaming\LyX2.0 on Windows 7) and start LyX.  LyX will
reconstruct the home directory.  Note that step (2) deletes all customizations
you did, so if you have custom layouts, menu files etc. stored in your home
directory you'll want to back them up first.

Paul

  • problem in LYX אור כדראוי
    • Re: problem in LYX Paul A . Rubin