On 25/02/2012 11:17, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
| I vote for a free hosting service (github or gitorious are just fine).
| Less maintenance work, less server troubleshooting etc. But once we
| move to git changing the hosting server will be very easy to do by
| anybody.

You are being awfully casual about this.

Yeah, I am quite well known to be casual about things in general :-)

Please at least think about and enumerate changes/concerns on who/how this
will affect development processes, developers and release managers.
(because things will change, and I'd rather not have you taken
completely by surprise)

We've been discussing this matter for years now, if there's still anybody not aware of how this will affect the development process I invite him to read the archive.

We've had detailled plans for release management from Vincent, Richard and me in the past. Plus we have a well maintained git repo in gitorious _right_ _now_. Richard and Vincent are already using git. So don't worry, you are not going to take me or anybody by complete surprise.

To conclude: let's not discuss this for another year or two, pretty please. I'll shut up now.

Abdel.