Especially in your installer, you change MikTeX's setting, which is just rude and forces me to wait.

I explained several times in detail why this is the best solution ...

Yes, but I find it unethical. I choose to set MikTeX to "Ask me" and you just override this. Tomorrow you decide to upgrade my Windows 98 to Windows 8 without asking me.

My goal is to have an installer that just does everything for you, so no need to know the internals of LaTeX. When I started with the Windows installer I said that my goal is to send my mother a link where she can click on. In the installer she can click Next several times and afterwards can start using LyX. She doesn't know any internals how programs and the PC works but she don't need to. Everything will be in shape and she can directly start writing. And this works with my installer!

So, why can't we have a checkbox: "Don't check for installed MikTeX packages (don't change this if you don't know what a MikTeX package is and if you're not an expert)" which is turned on by default but which allows me to skip this checking.

regards Uwe

Vincent