On 03/13/2012 12:12 PM, Vincent van Ravesteijn wrote:
Op 13-3-2012 16:47, Richard Heck schreef:
On 03/13/2012 08:40 AM, Vincent van Ravesteijn wrote:
You, the lyx developers, have to agree on process, but the git repo has been open for writing since sunday evening.

I propose the following:

I don't disagree with any of what is below, but I guess I'd prefer to see us move more slowly. Many people are going to have to get used to using git locally, on their own machine, and making too many changes to the workflow now, while people are just trying to figure out how to use git at all, makes even me feel overwhelmed. So, for the first couple months, I'd suggest we start using git, but pretty much the way we've been using svn. And then, when people are comfortable with that, then we start introducing a new way of working. So far as I can see, there is no disadvantage to doing this, and the advantage is substantial: It eases the learning curve for everyone.

Yes, but it would be good to know where we are heading in order to get there gradually.

Indeed.

Richard