Il 21/03/2012 16:44, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes ha scritto:
Le 21/03/2012 16:14, Vincent van Ravesteijn a écrit :
There is also a 2.0.x branch in your first clone, so you can just
cherry-pick the commit to master directly onto this 2.0.x branch, and
push from there.

But If I want to compile both the master and the branch without doing a full rebuild everytime, I have to have two checkouts living in different places,

that's how I'm used to work, also because normally I have different configure options for trunk/master (more debug) w.r.t. branch (less debug, more optimiz., try system libs). I've noted down the receipt I followed to share the patches between the two separate folders/repos, at:

  http://wiki.lyx.org/Devel/LyXGit

(last bullet of Cloning the Repository). I can't count how many warnings I received from git seniors about using "--shared", still it's just what I need :-), as my disk-space is finite and my mobile broadband has a GB/month cap :-(.

    T.