It seems the change was done in order to fix:

http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/7778

possible solution which will enbale to toggle languages and keep the bug
fixed:

If we can disable switching into corrent language, we can use
LFUN_COMMAND_ALTERNATIVES. Somthing like

command-alternatives language hebrew; language english

Which will switch the the "other" language.

(if I understood correctly the manual, I assume one can check waht is the
current language and then "if (*lang == *cur_lang)  {enable  = false;
break;}   "  will do the work)