1. you are right. one can do that, and it would be a nice workaround. But I
prefer lyx will  produce clean TeX file.
2. Attached some examples:
the text in the *xetex and *pdf files are identical. in the pdf, you can
see that the braces are rendered backword, and also if you will open the
.tex file in unicode-enables editor.

note: I cheated a little. In my work-computer I have lyx 2.1 development
version, and the xetex file compiled straight forward. In my lyx 2.03 in my
laptop, I had to move one line in the preamble.

Ronen