Le 20/07/2012 08:12, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
That sounds good. I put "the active window" instead of "this window"
because (at least in Linux) if you have messages open on a window,
open a new window, and execute a command in the mini-buffer of the
new window, the message box of the old window will show that command
and its output. Thus, the "this" would refer to the incorrect window.
Attached is the updated patch.

Very good. I'll commit that.

Interesting, I didn't know this. The "Open Documents in Tabs" is not
checked by default for Macs? I wonder how it is on Windows and what
other settings are different across platforms. Where does this happen
in the source code?

Nowhere :) We use a file lyxrc.dist that can be changed by the packager to initialize some setting. On the mac it is created from
development/MacOSX/lyxrc.dist.in

You are right that buffer-forall doesn't do anything useful by
default. However, when you create a new window the buffers in the
previous window are available as hidden buffers in the new window.

The problem is that the LFUN is mixing real hidden buffers (visible nowhere) with the ones that are visible in some other window. I think these two things are very different from a user point of view.

Conclusion: you should not ask only the current view for visibleness (?), but all views.