This is in LyX 2.0.4 on Windows Vista.

Open a document with a float: Figure or wrap: Figure inset (or table wrap float). Split the view -- left/right or upper/lower doesn't matter. In the new view the inset will open or close with a left click (the cursor turns from the text I-shape to a little hand). In the original view the cursor remains in the text I-shape and the inset cannot be opened or closed with a left click. However, a right click, then left-clicking on Open inset, does still work.

Most of the sizable LyX documents on my computer that contain figures show this behaviour, but one doesn't. I can't see any obvious difference.

Creating a test document containing only a float: Figure and splitting the view does *not* produce the problem -- although it does show, by clicking back and forth irregularly in left and right views on the inset, that the inset sometimes opens or closes together in both views and sometimes not.

A related problem with a split view occurs with equations, although this occurs irregularly and generally seems to require a certain amount of clicking beforehand. In the new view the cursor can be placed anywhere in the equation with a left click. In the original view the cursor sits at the start of the equation and doesn't respond to left clicks. It can still be moved with the arrow keys.

Closing the split view cures the problems.

Andrew