Op 11-10-2012 23:09, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes schreef:
Le 11/10/12 12:46, Scott Kostyshak a écrit :
I'm still not sure what should be done here. I don't see the point of
having it for developers only -- can't developers always just run
--version? Maybe having it available in the build info tab is more
convenient for some?

I thought the idea was to get better bug reports from users. But it
seems that the extra information isn't that useful for bug reports
because most users install from binaries (for which we already know
the build information).

I thought it was a good idea too when I suggested it. Personnally I do not know what are the options used by uwe or Stephan when they compile.

And for linux distributions, many user are not comfortable with using --version IMO.

My problem is that we have an extra tab with no additional information. Well, with CMake that is.

What useful information is there on Linux with autotools ? (except for Qt libs, because those are already in the normal version tab, if one removes the #ifdef DEVEL_VERSION).

Vincent