On 10/28/2012 05:11 AM, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
Hendrik Weisser wrote:
If the "article (paper)" document class is used with the "titlepage"
class option, there's an interaction between the "author" and
"institution" environments. "author" by itself will not be displayed in
the document (PDF); "institution" (by itself or in combination with
"author") will produce the institution twice - first in the style of
"author" (replacing the author), then in the style of "institution".

I've attached a minimal LyX file that produces this behaviour and the
resulting PDF.

I hope you can fix this easily.
This is a bug in the LaTeX class file. Nothing we can do on the LyX side, only
the maintainer of the paper class can fix this. However, the class has not been
updated since 1996.
I updated a few things a couple years ago, I think. That's my plan again.

rh