Am Sonntag, 2. Dezember 2012 um 12:20:01, schrieb Georg Baum
<georg.b...@post.rwth-aachen.de>
> Kornel Benko wrote:
>
> > I am not sure, I understand. This patch effectively converts
> > 1.) provided lyx-files (test references) to new file format, this should
> > not be controversial 2.) generated lyx-files (with tex2lyx). This should
> > not be needed
> >
> > so only the second point is unclear.
>
> 1.) Adds a dependency on lyx2lyx. This is no problem as long as lyx2lyx
> works fine, but if lyx2lyx has a bug (which is not too unlikely directly
> after introducing a new format), you can get a false error or even a false
> success (if the lyx2lyx bug hides a tex2lyx bug).

Good point. But then, how do you create the new xyzzy.lyx.lyx file, if not
through lyx2lyx?

> If 2. is not needed you assume that tex2lyx will always produce a correct
> format. But if you can safely assume this then the tests are not needed
> either.

I am not assuming tex2lyx being correct. I wanted to check, if the output of
file created with tex2lyx will be lyx-interpreted the same, as is xyzzy.lyx.lyx.

> I'd really like to handle the tex2lyx tests very much like unit tests. Unit
> tests test only a small, well defined portion of a project, in this case
> tex2lyx (which is not really small, but quite easy to test as a whole) and
> nothing more.

Then we need a test for lyx2lyx too, don't we?

> > In cmake:
> > pushd <buildtree>
> > make test
> > popd