On 2013-01-21, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 5:26 AM, Guenter Milde <mi...@users.sf.net> wrote:
>> On 2013-01-21, Kornel Benko wrote:
>>> Am Sonntag, 20. Januar 2013 um 18:54:51, schrieb Scott Kostyshak
>>> <skost...@lyx.org>

>> OTOH, the errors should go away if you set the encdoing away from utf8, as
>> "unicodesymbols" contains the translations ...

>> Here, Math.lyx (from a recent git trunk checkout) compiles fine with my
>> LyX 2.0.3 and output set to pdflatex.

>> Hase there been a change in the default encoding?

> A bisect

Are you really sure you get the errors "whether I set document encoding

The "Unicode char ... not set up for use ... is specific to
inputencs "utf8" option.

>> Anyway, if A WITH RING ABOVE and SMALL DOTLESS J are not defined for
>> [utf8]{inputenc}, they should get a force flag in "unicodesymbols".

>> However, testing here with inputenc from TeXLive 2012, I see only the
>> error for dotless jot, while A with ring above and dotless i are fine.

As Jürgen pointed out, Å is not Å (i.e. Angström is not A with ring).

Both, dotless j and Å (Angström) should get force flags with utf8.

> A git bisect leads me to the following:

> commit 7c6a6a05a2410a2fcaaec7255c88ee5b554cbd67
> Author: Georg Baum <b...@lyx.org>
> Date:   Sat Jan 12 19:25:24 2013 +0100

>     Fix bug #5087 as suggested by Jürgen

>     Now it is possible to force certain commands only for some encodings.

I don't think this changed behaviour regarding this error, rather this
existed for ages as unrecognized problem.

Günter