Nico Williams wrote:
> But standalone RCS or SCCS is (should be!) a rarity now -- so early
> 90s! no, so 70s!  :)  I'd encourage you to encourage your users to
> switch to a modern VCS and drop the RCS code.

On contrary! :) I still use it and for single lyx documents of pure text and
it's
far better option than any of other VCS for the utter simplicity, no servers
no hidden directory structures!

> > AFAICS, Nico's request might imply a preference option for not even having
> > the question bothering the user. Equivalently, enhancing the question
> > dialog with a checkbox (assume always this answer from now on).

I don't have strong opinion on the defaults (make checkouts or not)
but for sure we shouldn't add option for such kind of details.

Pavel