Op 29-4-2013 2:57, Jacob Hammer schreef:
There is still a crash on quit with instant preview off. It is very
consistent on my system. The files are attached.

Scenario: I opened Lyx; selected 'new file'; typed a few text characters,
then a few math characters, including the math character 'a'; typed enter
(new paragraph); typed a few more text characters and a few math
characters, including the greek math character 'alpha'. Then, I did
box and math character 'xi' into the replace box, and executed the search
and replace; then I typed the greek math character 'alpha' into the search
box and math character 'xi' into the replace box, and executed the search
and replace. Then, I saved the file on the desktop. Quit Lyx. There was a
crash on quit -- the crash report is attached.

I can't reproduce this (on Windows 7, LyX2.0.5, LyX2.1git).

I'm not sure I totally understand "math character 'xi'", but I assume you mean the characters 'x' and 'i' in math mode ? Otherwise you would have said "greek math character 'xi'" ?

Vincent