Dear Abishek,
It is very difficult for us to analyze connection problems that do not occur on our side. Is there a way to allow connections to lyx.org and git.lyx.org in your cyberoam settings? (Maybe the administrators can do something here?)

Abhishek Sharma wrote:
Hello

I'm having problem on cloning git through the command

git clone git://git.lyx.org/lyx                        as mentioned on
the official site.

the error I get is this

$ git clone git://git.lyx.org/lyx
Cloning into 'lyx'...
error: Proxy CONNECT aborted while accessing https://git.lyx.org/lyx/info/refs
fatal: HTTP request failed

My college uses cyberoam as a filter to web.
Also, we work through a proxy:   http://172.16.73.12:3128

Hence, I tried adding this proxy to git as follows:
$ export http_proxy=http://172.16.73.12:3128
$ git config --global http.proxy $http_proxy

But still the same error remains.

Kindly help me with this issue.

Yours sincerely
Abhishek