On 30/04/13 20:28, Ayrat Khalitov wrote:
> Hello!

Hi,

> I update my proposal and I have three questions about Advanced Find and
> Replace module:
> 1) Which are most important problems in this module available? Describe them
> in more detail, please (slowness, non-working corner cases... ) .

The current design seems the critical issue, that leads to slowness and
non-working corner cases. Incremental fixes to that, including speed-ups, might
be handled by core devels. However, the GSoC proposal is about re-engineering
the feature from the ground up so as to achieve a more solid ground over which
to build it further.

> 2) What new options would You like to add in this module?

for example, about the "scope" of the search: may we consider more scope
options, such as enabling/disabling matching in notes (which types of notes),
in maths, in normal text, in tables, in  headings, etc... what about children
documents ? what else ?
another example, when matching with format awareness, how deep the hierarchy
should we go ? if we search for \emph{}, should \section{...\emph{smth}...} be
considered a match ? and what about \begin{tabular}..... & ... \emph{smth} ...
& ... \end{tabular} ? how to address these things ?

> 3) Do You want to change design of the module? How is it strong?

as already discussed on the list, please, dig into the ML archives.

Thanks,

        T.