Am Samstag, 4. Mai 2013 um 17:52:49, schrieb Ashley Shan
<xueqing.s...@vanderbilt.edu>
> Hi Rob,

Hi Ashley,
I am not Rob, but ...

> So I have been trying to begin learning Qt, but after viewing Qt
> documentations, I realize that there are some problems that obstruct my
> learning:
>
> 1. Couldn't compile LyX-outline project as described here:
> http://blog.oak-tree.us/index.php/2010/06/25/lyx-outline02-1
>     I couldn't run CMake. The error message is very long, so I paste it in
> a txt file and put it in the attachment of this email.

I try to analyse this part below ...

> 2. When I was following the building-a-notepad tutorial (
> http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.0/qtdoc/gettingstartedqt.html), the Qt
> Creator on my computer didn't have the "Application" under "Project" label
> as in the screenshot in the tutorial.
>
> Since I have tried to install Qt on my computer but it turned out to be an
> unsuccessful attempt, I deleted the older Qt's and installed a new one. I
> moved everything I can find with "Qt" to Trash, downloaded Qt 4.8.4 and
> debug libraries and Qt Creator 2.7.0. I installed the Creator first by
> following the instructions, then the libraries. I was thinking may be it
> was because I have installed so much and deleted (incompletely) some of
> them so my computer is a total mess right now. What should I do? Which step
> I followed was wrong?

You seem to removed also src/frontends/qt4, which is bad.

Not to cmake:
cmake> CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they
are set to NOTFOUND.
cmake> Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the
CMake files:
cmake> LIBINTL_INCLUDE_DIR (ADVANCED)
Either instal package which includes libintl.h (on ubuntu it is libc6-dev) or
use -DLYX_EXTERNAL_LIBINTL=OFF while calling cmake.

The second will use our own supplied sources.

cmake> CMake Error at src/frontends/CMakeLists.txt:11 (add_subdirectory):
cmake> add_subdirectory given source "qt4" which is not an existing directory.

Please re-add this directory with all data

cmake> -- Looking for C++ include aspell/aspell.h - not found
cmake> -- LYX_ASPELL = OFF : Require aspell
cmake> -- LYX_ENCHANT = OFF : Require Enchant
cmake> -- LYX_HUNSPELL = OFF : Require Hunspell

You may install one of them to enable e.g. spellchecking

> Thanks,
> Ashley

        Kornel