Am 07.05.2013 um 15:47 schrieb Edwin Leuven <e.leu...@gmail.com>:

> everytime i close a document, i get a new "reconfigure" item in the LyX menu
> on my mac
>
> again: am i alone?

No. This and the crashes are caused by using the Cocoa framework and the code
moving the menu items from the Tools to the LyX menu. The LyX 2.0.6 release is
build with Carbon because of these problems. But, yes, I know Carbon is a dead
end. It has to be corrected for Cocoa too. On my 10.8.3 system Qt-4.8.4 even
refuses to compile the Carbon API. They have disabled it totally for x86_64 and
for i386 one gets a compile error.

Another effect is the behavior regarding bug #8538
(http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/8538). The build with Qt-4.8.4-Carbon is not
affected by this bug. The \Omega is now rendered again.

Regards,
Stephan