Hi developers!

IMHO, the default localization for user examples outside the template folder creates an annoying workflow for users which must go up to the root folder then go to the examples. On the other hand each time I want to upgrade LyX I must waste my time sincyng the default locations with my predefined ones.

Which I propose is simple

Templates are every file that create an approach to a result, tested or not, so there must be an unique folder for templates, inside it there must be at least three folders use whatever name you want but I prefer: "main" (refered to release templates, currently "templates" folder), "testing" (refered for non release or under revision templates, currently "examples" folder) and "user" (refered for user made templates, this should go inside user account but should also be visible when you do "file"-"new from template"). In this way order will be achieved, you can have experimental templates and users will not complain about where to find the "moderncv" template for instance (personal experience with LyX-2.0.4 under Windows). There are also further improvements like folders for each kind of template but at this point I think they are not necesary.

Best regards
Alex Vergara