Op 19-5-2013 3:29, Uwe Stöhr schreef:

The best would be that you commit your changes in the features/empty-length branch, which would allow me to see what happens. When everything is finished, you can merge this branch into
master. This is the workflow that was proposed in Milano.

Yes, but nobody could me explain how this is done. I asked Lars but he uses command-line only. I cannot see your branch so how can I checkout it? Where is it (address)?

I will play with feature branches as I promised Lars but not for this issue because this must go in before the first beta of LyX 2.1 meaning now. (I have troubles with the latest version of TortoiseGit so it might take longer until I can use feature branches.)
(I will send you another mail with all files.)

First, you should read the wiki. Second, you will have to figure out yourself how to do this with TortoiseGit, because no-one else uses this and you really cannot expect others to install software just to find the correct button for you.

Because I'm in a good mood:

1) Create a remote in your local clone of |lyx| upstream repository:
- Right-click on the directory containing your clone of the lyx repo
- Choose TortoiseGit->Settings->Git->Remote.
- Fill in the form:
  * Remote: features
  * Press "Add new"

2) Use git fetch features to get updates to the feature branches:
- Right-click on the directory containing your clone of the lyx repo
- Choose TortoiseGit->Fetch.
- Fill out the form:
  * Remote: features or all
- Press OK.

3) Now you will see the feature branches as well:
- Right-click on the directory containing your clone of the lyx repo
- Choose TortoiseGit->Switch/Checkout
- Look in the Branch combobox and there are the branches "remotes/features/<branch>"

Vincent