On 05/22/2013 05:50 AM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
21/05/2013 19:38, Scott Kostyshak:
That's just me writing this layout snippet from memory. The correct
documented usage is indeed "1" or "0".

Interestingly, if I replace by "false", I get the same effect as if I had typed "1". LyX seems to accept anything different from "0" as true, while the script that updates the format from 35 to X seems stricter on this (X
being, current LyX 2.1git format).

Sending to lyx-devel to see if anyone has thoughts on this. I'm
guessing that the validations are not in sync because when the layout
is actually processed it is easier to be more strict.

One first thing that should be done IMO is a patch like this one. LexRC::getBool accepts 1,true,0,false, although not in case insensitive way if I read the code correctly.

But since lyx2lyx does not handle true/false currently this is kind of pointless without more fixes.

I had a quick look at layout2layout (which is what you mean, I take it) and did not see where the problematic conversion was.

Richard