John Levon wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Ben Stanley wrote:
>
> > John Levon wrote:

> > > After loading, try doing nothing (i.e. wait for LyX to finish
> > > rendering). Does leaving it help ?
> >
> > Yes, But not always. Sometimes I can leave it alone, and I get no pictures at
> > all.
> >

> Do you restart LyX each time ? Once you have moved once, then xforms is
> confused for the rest of the lyx session.

I usually have to re-size my LyX window to be able to work with the thesis - it's
default size is too small!
So, my usual routine is to start LyX, resize the window to take up the full screen
vertically (which reveals that xforms has difficulty keeping up with the resizing,
and often misses the last update...), and then load my thesis.

If I don't move the window around, then...
If I start up LyX on my thesis, and don't move or re-size the window, but I scroll
around in the document while it's rendering (in particular, if I jump to the end
where I'm working), then the ps rendering seems to stop pretty reliably.

If I start up LyX on my thesis, and don't move or re-size the window, and don't
scroll around until all the gs processes have finished, then all of the pictures
render (and there's about 80 of them...).

--
Ben Stanley               |    barf  [ba:rf]  2.  "He suggested using FORTRAN,
PhD Student               |       and everybody barfed." - From the Shogakukan