Op 23-5-2013 2:15, Uwe Stöhr schreef:
Am 22.05.2013 07:38, schrieb Vincent van Ravesteijn:

The setting is somewhat between the the document settings and the preferences. The idea is to change only the way NEW floats are inserted. Existing floats will not be changed by this setting.

If you would have read what I and Jurgen wrote before, this is exactly what we do NOT want.

I read his post carefully. I think I made it clear with my example why I don't agree with you here and why Ithink that 2 different features are needed. What do you think is wrong in my example?

Your example is not very good. What you describe in the example can be done perfectly with what Jurgen proposed.

For the reason that in many cases one or a few floats needs to have another alignment than all other floats, my setting does not change existing floats.

This is not a valid reason. Jurgen's options changes existing floats, but only those that have the "default" alignment. If you've manually changed the alignment to be left aligned, the float will not be touched. So, this is not a justification for a setting that only influences new floats.

I really do not want an option that says how new floats are aligned. I do not expect this to be a property of the document. I have explained before why. If you do not agree, then discuss our arguments. Of course, for every possible workflow, one can think of an example that will work perfectly.

Vincent