On 05/23/2013 11:11 AM, BH wrote:
This has bothered me for a while (since 2007! -- http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-users@lists.lyx.org/msg60084.html), so I finally decided to do something about it....

On Mac, moving down a paragraph should place the cursor at the end of the current paragraph (unless it's already there, in which case it should move to the end of the next paragraph). The attached patch does this, honoring the "Use Mac-style for cursor moving between words" preference setting, which I've renamed "Use Mac-style cursor movement".

In doing this, I changed the preference setting name (mac_like_word_movement to mac_like_cursor_movement) to better reflect its function, and I altered the description of this preference setting in the dialog. (It probably wouldn't hurt if translations for that description didn't get changed.)

The only thing I'm not reasonably sure about is the accelerator key in the Preferences dialog (since these don't show up on Mac). I chose "Use M&ac-style ...", since "a" wasn't used as an accelerator elsewhere in the dialog.

There will need to be some prefs2prefs done for this. You will need to bump the LYXRC format in LyXRC.cpp, and then write the appropriate routine in lib/scripts/prefs2prefs_prefs.py. The latter should be trivial, since the simple_renaming() function should do the trick. See its use in the language_package() function.

The patch looks safe to me, though probably some other Mac person should have a look.

Richard