On 05/28/2013 10:41 AM, Ashley Shan wrote:
Hi LyX developers,

My name is Xueqing Shan, and I'm a rising sophomore in Vanderbilt University. I'm very excited to participate in Google Summer of Code with LyX this year. I write this email to briefly introduce the state of my project and our (me and my mentor, Rob) plans for the project, and ask for advice (about documentations to read and other steps to take) from the community.

Since my school is on semester, and we have our summer break from May to August, I have started working on the project since the beginning of May for more than 3 weeks. We splited the project into three phases, specifically:

1. Implement a Corkboard user interface using the graphic framework of Qt;
    2. Integrate the Corkboard with LyX's underlying model.
3. Wrap up everything, including enhancing the performance of the Corkboard view and the Outline view.

Should I update my proposal on google-melange.com <http://google-melange.com> so that it reflects the actual plan for the project?

I've created a wiki page here:
http://wiki.lyx.org/GSoC/NonLinearWriting
You might put information about your project there.

Richard