Am 30.05.2013 19:36, schrieb Vincent van Ravesteijn:

Why is that exotic? Tibetan is a language as others or do we decide how
important a language is?
If so than we should not provide support for example for Estonian.

I mean exotic in the sense that the number of users that are writing Tibetan
documents with LyX is
probably countable on one hand.

This sounds arrogant to our users. Probably nobody uses LyX with Tibetan right now -- because we don't support this yet. We offer features and it is up to users to use them. Tibetan is an official language and has more speakers than e.g. the Baltic languages (that furthermore require the usage of special LaTeX packages while Tibetan does not). There is no reason not to support Tibetan.

Why are fileformat changes no longer allowed? I thought fileformat is first
frozen with the
release of the first beta version and also Richard introduced a fileformat
today.

The fact that the fileformat is not frozen yet, does not mean you can push all
your changes the day
before without giving people to object or test or whatever.

This feature was so straight forward. We already had everything we needed (polyglossia, XeTeX, etc. so the support is like for any other language).

Richard pushed a change that was announced months ago and which is part of the
fix for a bug that
people said that had to be fixed before 2.1.

Yes, but tex2lyx is no not usable -- short before the beta release.

regards Uwe