This is what I call a real democracy, so good news from LyX developers. Now my 2c (personal opinion, not necesarily ok)

(A1) continuous spell-check by default.

I don´t like this, I first write and then spell check the entire document.

(A2) behavior of LFUN_DOWN_SELECT on last line.

If you are on last line and you press down then the cursor should remain in the current position, another behaviour may be annoying

(B1) what TeX distribution do you use (please provide the year, e.g.
TeX Live 2009) and how often do you update to the newest packages?

I recently upgrade to Debian 7, but I don´t know which version of TeX is in there so I am currently using the official TeX release within Debian 7 wheezy. My opinion is since Debian is the godfather of almost everything any minimal version should be refered to it.

Any thoughts?

Yes, keep asking questions to community and you will receive a real panorame of how LyX is good for real users. I will wait more surveys like this in the future. So you might think in creating some database or something that helps you grouping user´s answers.

Scott

Alex