On 09/01/2013 12:59 PM, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
Vincent van Ravesteijn wrote:
i am currently working on a bibliography management tool based on
XULRunner. Right now i'm about to implement the pushing of citations
to lyx.

I have read the code of Petr Simon the first developer of lyz. What he
did to manage bibtex-databases in relation with lyx is quite
complicated: He stores the name of the lyx file and the name of the
bibtex file in the sqlite-storage of his app, just to know into which
bibtext file additional entries pushed to lyx should be stored.

I'm sure he would have solved it otherwise if it was possible three
years ago. So my question is: Is it now possible to get the name of
the bibtex file(s) attached to a lxy document via LFUN?
No, that is not possible. You can parse the LyX file, and get the
filename. The format of the lyx file is not very complicated.
Do you look for the feature requested here?
http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/8193

If so, could you test the patch provided at the ticket? It's pending for quite
some time now.

I think the main question about this patch was really usefulness. That question seems to have been answered.

I've updated the patch to current trunk and requested it go into 2.1.0.

Richard