I've now used the new treatment of flex inset arguments "in earnest" (and will no doubt burden the user list with the result in due course). The new treatment is a real advance. Initially the positioning of "post" arguments in the LyX display confused me. My naive expectation was that they would be placed at the end of the inset but on reflection realised that wasn't sensible. Perhaps it's worth adding a parenthetical remark to the line in the customisation manual:

"However, arguments with the prefix post: are output after this workarea argument (although placed before it in the LyX display)."

But like Oliver Twist, I find myself wanting a little more. The module I've been working on suggests there is a good case for a star (or asterisk) argument option. I've recently "discovered" the LaTeX3 packages, among them xparse (included in l3packages in MiKTeX) which greatly advances the handling of arguments in LaTeX. In particular xparse's "s" or "optional star" argument (invoking \somecommand* if the option is present, the default \somecommand if not) seems a neater way of handling alternatives than using an "ordinary" optional argument requiring the user to input true or false, or yes or no, or 0 or 1.

Andrew