On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 12:18 PM, Jürgen Spitzmüller <sp...@lyx.org> wrote:
> I had three dataloss crashes within the last hour with current trunk (while
> editing a not very complex beamer document). Both the emergency file and the
> original file were corrupted (incomplete and thus not restorable).
>
> I managed to restore an earlier state at least via the backup (which was
> OK), but the problem looked very severe.
>
> I'm afraid I have no time now to investigate further.
>
> Did anyone experience similar problems?

Yes. I had a very similar incident with beta1 and Beamer. At one point
I triggered save document and LyX froze. After kill and restart LyX
froze again, unable to load the last opened file. After a quick
investigation with a text editor, I realized that the original file
got truncated (only half got saved). I restored via backup.

I'm not sure how to reproduce.
Liviu