Op 30-9-2013 17:49, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes schreef:
29/09/2013 17:57, Vincent van Ravesteijn:
Op 17-8-2013 11:38, Jürgen Spitzmüller schreef:
It stops at .deps/AppleSpellChecker.Po and other .deps/*.Po which are
unknown.

Jürgen
This still fails for me.

Is anyone around who knows how to fix this ?

I did some searching and, amazingly, there is no real solution that works with old and recent automake versions. It seems that the support for automake 1.11 to 1.14. Look for the answer of the maintainer to this same problem:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/automake/2013-09/msg00012.html

From what I read, everything is supposed to work with automake 1.14. Can someone check that? I am amazed that such a basic functionality is still broken so long after subdir-objects has been introduced.

If it works, we can adapt the trick used in libcurl:

m4_ifdef([_AM_PROG_CC_C_O],
[
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE([subdir-objects])
],[
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
])dnl

This allows to use subdir-objects only with version 1.14, where this _AM_PROG_CC_C_O got introduced.

Other wise, the patch posted later by Vincent makes sense, but it should really be marked by a big comment, because it make break something else later. In libcURL, they have a very nasty-looking distclean rewriter that modifies the code in place. I do not think we want to do that :)
https://github.com/bagder/curl/blob/master/m4/xc-am-iface.m4

JMarc

So, I will need to revert the subdir-objects option.

Apparently, there will be no problem until automake 2.0 ?

Vincent