On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 10:40 PM, Nico Williams <n...@cryptonector.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 07, 2013 at 09:23:15PM +0000, Tommaso Cucinotta wrote:
> > Sure, feel free to commit them. Guess that in multi-user commit mode,
> > it's much better to NOT rewrite history, so we won't use push -f, right ?
> > (Vincent ?).
>
> _Never_ push -f to any repo that *others* (or even you, in other
> workspaces) pull from.
>
> Nico
> --

In general it is better to not rewrite history if you're collaborating. I
don't completely agree with the "_Never_".

If you're sure you are the only one working on the feature, you can rewrite
history every time you update. For example, if you want to have your
feature merged with master, you want to have a nice series of commits. The
maintainer won't agree with the merge if the series is full of rubbish
commits just because you're not allowed to rewrite history because you once
shared your work so that others can try it.

If you're collaborating on a feature, you'll need to sync with your
collaborator when to rewrite the history.

Others that might have pulled your features should be aware that they were
pulling from your personal repository.

Vincent