On 13/11/13 19:03, Ankit Shah wrote:
>> Mayby old '~/lyxrc.defaults' file. Try to rename it first.
> Thanks Kornel that solved the issue. renamed the old ~/.lyx to ~/.lyx.old and
> on rerunning it automatically created new ~/.lyx folder.

Forgot to mention: if you don't want to run into compatibility issues between
your system-wide (older) LyX installation, that you may prefer to keep to be
able to work with LyX documents, and your development experimental
installation, you may want to add this to the configure line:

  ./configure --with-version-suffix=-trunk

This will result in your LyX binary looking for ~/.lyx-trunk instead of ~/.lyx,
so you'll be able to still launch the system-wide LyX without it complaining
that it cannot read anymore the ~/.lyx config files as updated by your trunk
lyx version. Similarly, if you install, you'll get the binary called
bin/lyx-trunk etc...., namely this way we create a full LyX installation that
can coexist with the standard one.

        T.